Rentable or custom wedding/special Calligraphy event signage and art printables
Campbell River - West Coast Mamas
Ethical. Local. Sustainable.
At WCM, we firmly believe that the clothing manufacturing process should be transparent, made as close to home as possible, with sustainable fabrics and fair wages. Yes, even “locally made” can mean sweatshop labour – check this article by Julia McKnight on Vancouver’s sweatshop industry: Made in Canada: Sweatshop Labour is a Local Issue.
We carry a selection of locally made clothing and gifts from Vancouver Island & British Columbia, with a select few BC owned & ethically made-abroad goods. We research each maker/manufacturer to understand their practices, ensuring that we are representing companies with proven ethics.
We love our customers and are so thankful for all the love and support as we have grown over the past 2 years!! We work with local models, moms, kids and families for our on-going modeling shoots at iconic Campbell River locations with our amazing local photographers.
West Coast Mamas is located on Shoppers Row, next to Bank of Montreal, in downtown Campbell River! We have also just opened a second store on Quadra Island, Inside Sacred Pulse, in Quathiaski Cove.
Vancouver Island made products carried at West Coast Mamas include:
- Smoking Lily (women, men, kids): Victoria, BC
- Ola Dubois (women's dresses): Victoria, BC
- OMDL Coastal (men and women): Nanaimo, BC
- Tiny Teethers (baby & toddler): Comox Valley, BC
- Naked Sage (jewelry): Errington, BC
- RK Designs (jewelry): Comox Valley, BC
- Rad Juli: (handmade leather belts & accessories): Victoria, BC
- Evercoast Handmade (Beeswax wraps): Victoria + Comox Valley, BC