When it comes to wedding gifts these days, it seems like so many couples ask for cold hard cash. I get it, the last thing people need these days is 6 sets of pillows, 4 sets of dishes, and a cupboard full of vases….
But what if you could get the wedding couple something truly unique? Something made locally with love here on Vancouver Island. I have put together a list of great locally made wedding gift ideas that are sure to put a smile on their faces.
Wall Art Wedding Gifts
In my opinion, you can never have enough art, yet it’s something that can be hard to justify spending money on when you’re starting out, which is why it makes the perfect wedding gift. Unless you really know the couple’s taste, I recommend getting a gift card made up to one of these fantastic Island artists.
- Joy Art Design – unique nature inspired paintings
- Island Metal Art – amazing works of art created using metal
- West Coast Wood Creations – gorgeous large wood art carvings
- Robb Art Boutique – vibrant landscape paintings inspired by Vancouver Island
- Imagine That! Jordan Blackstone – stunning island photography and landscape and portrait paintings
- Olive + Ella – Vancouver Island silhouette drawings made using calligraphy
- The Marine Detective – eye catching ocean photography printed onto canvas
- Mermaid at Heart – unique and colourful alcohol ink paintings
- Searose Studio – exquisite ocean landscape paintings
- Laura Jayne Art Studio – Beautiful epoxy resin acrylic paintings and workshops
Wellness Wedding Gifts
Help the couple unwind after all their crazy busy wedding planning by gifting them something to help them relax.
- Blyss by Laura – Blissful and luxurious bath product gift basket subscriptions delivered to their door, available for one month or many months
- Modern Wellness Collective – put together a wellness basket filled with essential oil blends, room misters, all natural candles, and products such as natural bug spray or itch fighter
- Ravensong Soap Co. – gift baskets filled with a variety of artisanal bath products
- Island Wick Candle Co. – all natural candles in an assortment of natural fragrances
Houseware Wedding Gifts
Unique, handcrafted home decor and kitchenware make great one-of-a-kind wedding gifts.
- Faegarten Clay – hand-shaped mugs with Island inspired designs, with mug sizes over 2 cups in size!
- Longview Woodworks – rustic wood beer/whisky tasting sets, magnetic knife blocks, and charcuterie boards, stamped with their wedding date
- Meohmy Designs – sublimated custom graphic design throw pillows (this form of printing allows for even photos to be printed onto textiles)
- Seabreeze Crafts – resin creations filled with stones or dried flowers (for example, the couple’s birth stones or dried flowers from their wedding)
- Blackbird Creative – hanging macrame shelves or trendy geometric wooden shelves
- VioOceanCanada – Sea glass or seashell light strings for the patio
- Coordinated Chaos – custom designed insulated travel mugs or insulated wine cups
Other fun wedding gift ideas
- Threading the Love – custom embroidered stuffed animal designed with the couple’s wedding date, birthdays, etc.
- Bread + Clutter – have the couple illustrated into cartoon characters
- Sweet Peas Kids Krafts – get the couple made into doll look-alikes
- The Crafty Island Owl – super fun hand crafted pop up wedding cards
- A Welcome Change – coin rings, pendants, or bracelets made up with important years in the couple’s lives (or their wedding year)
There you have it, those are my top choices for Vancouver Island made wedding gifts. Take a browse through Island Crafted yourself and you may find more ideas! Happy shopping and thanks for supporting local. ♥