- How do I buy products? It depends on the business. The more established businesses often have an Etsy shop or Website. All businesses listed have links to their Facebook page, where you can browse their products, and message them to place your order.
- Why can’t I buy directly from the Island Crafted website? Creating an E-commerce platform is extremely time consuming and costly. We wanted to create a place for businesses both big and small to be able to affordably advertise their products.
- How do I search by specific cities/towns? Go to the listings page, and type in your city or town in the search bar.
- Do you have a gift guide? We do! Visit the gift guide here.
- Do you host Island Crafted craft markets? We get asked this question a lot. There is nothing planned but this may happen in the near future!
- I love your site! How do I get my product listed on it? Why thank you, glad you like it 😉 Head over to the List With Us page to read over the pricing details and fill out the submission form. It’s an extremely easy and affordable process.
- Does my product count as a “Craft”? Was your product made on Vancouver Island and produced using your skill or ingenuity? Then it counts! This includes Visual Arts such as photography, graphic design, or filmography, and also food and beverage items, including food trucks.
- What do I need to provide to be listed on the site? I need your business name, location, story, links to social feeds and/or websites, your logo, up to 9 images of your product, and a picture of you hard at work creating (if you want to add it).
- How do I pay? Once we receive your submission, we will get your business listed ASAP. Once you have looked it over and are satisfied, we will send you an invoice via our secure invoice and payment system (we use Square). You can either pay through Square using a Visa, or pay by etransfer or cheque.
- What does my membership fee cover? The fee covers us creating your custom page on the Island Crafted website, exposure in our gift guides, and also us advertising your product on the Island Crafted Instagram and Facebook feeds. We will also share any exciting news or new products you post about on your social feeds if you tag us in your post. Additionally, you become part of the Island Crafted team, a group of like minded individuals all with the same goals in mind as you – to support Vancouver Island small businesses and to promote Vancouver Island products as a whole.
- Can I cancel if I want? You may cancel any time in between your billing period.
- Do you have a referral program? Yes! Once you become an Island Crafted team member, you will receive one free month listing for every person you successfully refer to Island Crafted.
- Who are you and do you really know what you’re doing? 😉 The creator behind Island Crafted is a Professional Web Designer and Developer living in Qualicum Beach. She will make sure that your custom page not only looks great, but that it is optimized for Search Engines as well.
- How many hits is your website getting each day? We typically see at least 50 hits a day, with some days being much higher (above 300). Our social media accounts are now closing in on 1000 followers, and anything posted on there gets plenty of reach.