It’s time to start getting excited for Fall & Winter market season here on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands! You may be surprised at how many markets we have here on the Island, and attending one should definitely be on your Fall/Winter to do list!
Whether you’re searching for the perfect unique, locally made Christmas gift, a one-of-a-kind birthday gift, or just some nice things for yourself or your family, you’re sure to find just want you’re looking for one one of these handmade markets.
Happy shopping and thanks for supporting local!
Featured Vancouver Island Markets
This large Vancouver Island craft market will feature over 80 local vendors, including many you may recognize off of Island Crafted! This market, located in Nanaimo at the North Town Center, features only vendors who sell their handcrafted wares on the Etsy website. Click here for full details on this event.
Crafted Farmhouse Market, located in Sidney on Vancouver Island, is a local handmade showcase of small business featuring carefully selected collective goods from local makers. Local live music, food trucks, Hoyne Beer on tap, 80 + local handcrafted vendors, sweet treats, warm drinks and a fun, friendly vibe. Click here for details on Crafted Farmhouse market.
This fun event features and evening of shopping, food, drinks, friends, and Christmas Sweaters! This is a ticketed event, and they are sure to sell out, so make sure you grab yours ahead of time. Click here for full details on Merry Mingle Sip and Shop.
Located at Nanaimo Secondary School, this great Vancouver Island artisan’s market will feature over 80 vendors creating handcrafted products, food trucks, and kid’s activities. All proceeds from this market will benefit the Nanaimo-Ladysmith Schools Foundation, which is a non-profit organization that supports students-in-need in school district 68. Click here for full details on the Handmade for the Holidays artisan’s market.
Make this beautiful event, located in Parksville, your annual holiday ladies’ night out, as the Friday evening opening is a 19+ event with a cash bar, allowing you to sip and shop (the best kind of shopping, IMO!). Saturday is open to all. Located at the Parksville Community Center. Click here for full details on Parksville’s Holiday Collective.
Located at Nanaimo Town Center, Vancouver Island Markets presents it’s a VIMterful Life. This huge artisan’s market features over 200+ vendors in craft, food, liquor sales, live music, entertainment, gift shops and more. Click here for full details on the VIMterful Life Market.
Brimming with local food producers and local crafters & artisans, the Qualicum Beach Farmer’s Market is a popular weekly market held year round. The holiday season is a great time to visit, with wreaths from Island Flower Farmer, Colins Cuisine’s Plum Pudding, Shareen’s Holiday Bakeshop, As the Wood Turns with beautiful wooden bowls, handles, razors, and shaving brushes, artwork by Chris Bullock , Yvonne Achenson, and George Grover, Vegan chocolates from Rawkolates, Pottery from Lah and Anne Marie Veale, hats and knitting by Mary, Donni & Handmade with Love, other giftables from Thai Studio, and of course fresh veggies, eggs, preserves, bread, soup, fish, and sausages. Click here for more details about the Qualicum Beach Farmer’s Market.
All Vancouver Island & Gulf Island Markets
- Courtenay – Stagnare Christmas Market (Nov.23-24/19)
- Victoria – Craft Cartel (Nov.29-Dec.1/19)
- Victoria – Creative Craft Fair (Nov 8-10/19)
- Victoria – Hillside Holiday Market (Nov.30-Dec.1)
- Victoria – Magic of Christmas (Nov.22-23/19)
- Victoria – Owl Designer Fair (Nov.22-24/19)
- Victoria – Moss Street Holiday (Dec.8-9/19)
- Nanaimo – Kris Kringle (Nov 21-23/19)
- Nanaimo – Professional Craft Fair (Nov1-3/19)
- Nanaimo – Dover Bay Secondary School Market (Nov.22-23/19)
- Parksville – Holiday Collective (Nov 15-16/19)
- Port Hardy – Christmas Market (Nov.23/19)
- Qualicum – Winterfest (Nov. 22-24/19)
- Qualicum – Very Merry Christmas Market (Nov.24th/19)
- Qualicum – Arrowsmith Golf Course Craft Fair (Nov.30-Dec.1/19)
- Qualicum – Christmas Faire (Dec.1/19)
- Qualicum – Lighthouse Country Craft Faire (Dec.7/19)
- Qualicum – Qualicum Farmer’s Market (every Saturday)