Ah spring – the sounds of birds chirping, the beginning of longer days, the sight of flowers popping up through the ground and blossoms on the trees, and, let’s not forget EASTER, which happens to be my personal favourite holiday.
I love that it’s a fun holiday, time for families to get together, without too many expectations. I also happen to enjoy the part where a giant friendly bunny hops around my yard and leaves me, oops, I meant leaves my kids, chocolates to chow down on until our tummies hurt.
But Easter gifts aren’t all about the chocolate. The best part for me was always the Easter basket; the big, colourful, sparkly wicker basket, hidden in the best place, filled with all sorts of fun Easter-y goodies.
Are you looking for some fun Easter basket gift ideas? Why buy a bunch of low quality items from the big box stores when you can instead support a local Vancouver Island maker? You can even do it without leaving your home, as these makers will all deliver through the magic of our Canadian mail system.
I’ve created two ‘Island Crafted’ Vancouver Island Easter Gift Guides. The first one is all things Easter, the second one includes other great Island made Easter gift ideas.
Vancouver Island handmade Easter-themed gift ideas
Many of the Island Crafted makers have been busy creating fun Easter themed locally handcrafted gifts here on Vancouver Island. Simply click on the business’s name in the caption to be taken to their Island Crafted listing to get more info.
Other Vancouver Island handmade Easter gift ideas
Easter gifts don’t necessarily have to be yellow, pink, and blue and adorned with easter eggs or bunnies. Here is my list of affordable Vancouver Island made gifts from Island Crafted makers that would be great for Easter.
- – Kid’s aprons or snack bags in a huge variety of fabrics by Evercoast Handmade
- – Hair bows and bow ties by Little Maven’s Bow Co.
- – Handcrafted artisanal marshmallows by The Fluff Sisters
- – The cutest little baby and kid’s booties by Anchored Dreams
- – Shark or glitter bath bombs by Raven’s Nest Soap Co
- – Tommy Tutu children’s book by Bread + Clutter
- – Pet bow ties for your fur babies by Black Cat Stitches
- – Headbands and hair bows by Little Mountain Baby Co.
- – Adorable grow with me pants by Kid-o’s Clothing
- – All natural Lip Balm in a variety of spring scents by Modern Wellness Collective
- – Custom knitted or crocheted booties by the Crazy Crocheter
- – Custom blankets or bedding by Doodlebaby Gifts
- – Find the Fish book by The Marine Detective
- – Natural Bubble Bar by Blyss by Laura
- – Handmade kid’s toys and stuffies by Sweet Peas Kid’s Krafts
- – High quality grow along hoodies by Sugar Sandwich
- – Gorgeous kid’s diffuser bracelet by Essentially Bead-Azzled
- – Beautiful baby blanket or security blanket by Sweet Little Baby Cakes
- – Chew necklaces or pencil toppers by Munchables Jewelry
- – Adorable matching parent and kid’s shirts by Modern Minis
- – High quality scrunchies is a large variety of colours and patterns by Violet + Lily
- – Beeswax wraps in fun kid’s prints by Island Reveries
- – Kid’s clothing, bedding, or hooded towels for the beach from Creative Hands
So, what do you think? I hope I’ve given you some great ideas for Vancouver Island locally made Easter gifts. Thank you for supporting local, small businesses!